Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yesterday, All My Troubles...

...were right in my face (sorry to the Beatles for changing their lyrics). Yesterday was a tough day for me, though.

It started with a near fainting episode while I was teaching. I had to leave the student's home early because I thought I was going to pass out. I even had to stop instruction and put my head between my knees, since I was already seeing dark spots. Ugh!

Then, I went to Whole Foods for lunch and this woman strolls up to me and shouts, "You look like you're about to have that baby any minute now!" I should have said, "Let's hope not, because the chance of survival at this point is pretty slim," but I loudly told her that I'm only six months, but I'm having two. Seeing that it was my lucky day, I ended up in the same checkout aisle as loud woman and her husband (whose belly, by the way, was much larger than mine). The man decided to pry even more with a, "So...you're only six months, huh?" Then I told him, for the second time, that I was having twins and it finally sunk in. The only redemption from this moment was the cashier, who probably saw that I was about to crack and quickly offered me a high five and a friendly smile. God love the Whole Foods employees!

Now that I wrote this out, it's not so bad, but the moments themselves were rather unpleasant. At least we got to end the day with a nice birthday meal at The Cove with Jeff and MacGyver. Thanks for reading my complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment